Driven by the need and desire to reduce costs, organizations are faced with a set of decisions that require analytical scrutiny. Enterprise Architecture A to Z:Frameworks, Business Process Modeling, SOA, and Infrastructure Technologyexamines cost-saving trends in architecture planning, administration, and management.
To establish a framework for discussion, this book begins by evaluating the role of Enterprise Architecture Planning and Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) modeling. It provides an extensive review of the most widely deployed architecture framework models. In particular, the book discusses The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) and the Zachman Architectural Framework (ZAF) in detail, as well as formal architecture standards and all four layers of these models: the business architecture, the information architecture, the solution architecture, and the technology architecture.
- Presents a review of the most widely-deployed architecture framework models
- Discusses the Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) and the Zachman Architecture Framework (ZAF)
- Covers the key four layers of the framework models: the Business Architecture, the Information Architecture, the Solution Architecture, and the Technology Architecture
- Presents a set of progressive approaches to designing state-of-the-art data centers
- Provides time-tested guidance for companies
- Examines cost-saving trends in data center planning, administration, and management
- Assesses the role of enterprise architecture planning and service oriented architecture modeling
- Evaluates storage technologies, high-speed communications, and regulatory issues