DVI has supported a large number of Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity initiatives over the years, often in conjunction with a technology relocation project.
For a Large Metropolitan Police Department DVI was responsible both to PD chiefs, PD Dispatch and Communications (D&C) as well as its Police Support Unit (PSU). Several large – scale projects were encompassed under his leadership including:
- Relocation of PD IT and telecommunications assets out of 345 Madison Ave. to Long Island City
- Disaster Recovery backup enhancements for PD telecommunications and IT systems
- Upgrade of telecommunications systems and services in LIC Long Island City (radio tie lines from transportation agencies) plus all Verizon Services hardened and backed up
- Development of the a backup facility and Dispatch & communications center
Relocation of PD HQ personnel from the existing office locations to the backup facility
- Development and update of IT/ Telecoms Disaster Recovery plans