DVI can handle complex and extensive turnkey engineering/installations of state-of-the-art systems encompassing VoIP and wireless Internet access.
The Windward School is a private school specializing in helping children in grades 1-9 that have some level of language-based learning disabilities. DVI Communications has served as an Information and Telecommunications consultant to the School for several years and has analyzed and designed its data network and voice communications infrastructure for all 3 of its campuses (2 in White Plains and its new school on the Upper East Side of Manhattan).
DVI designed and supported the replacement of the existing telephone systems in the existing campuses. Also, in anticipation of the new Manhattan campus starting in 2016, the new VoIP –based system would offer: Centralized answering (for all 3 campuses), and potentially a Single Main number for all 3 campuses along with a uniform dialing plan among all 3 campuses.
DVI was tasked with the modernization of this system and performed the following tasks:
Enterprise–wide Technology (at three campuses)
- Review of Technology Audit
- VoIP switching system (for all 3 campuses)
- High-speed Networks (for all 3 campuses)
New Manhattan Campus Technology
Critical Design Review of AE Design & Drawings re: Technology Infrastructure
Design, Acquisition and Implementation management of Systems for new Campus:
- Low Voltage Cabling Systems and Distribution Infrastructure
- Data Center Design and Tech Room Layout
- Data Communications Systems (LAN & Wi-Fi distribution)
- Physical Security Systems (CCTV, Access Control) including Vulnerability Assessment
- Audio–Visual Systems (for various facilities (Classrooms, Common Areas, Auditorium, Gym, Lounges etc.)
VoIP switching system (for all 3 campuses)
- Analyze Configuration & Operating Model– develop Baseline configuration including physical survey with Windward and vendor input
- Deployment/Migration- Cutover & Acceptance Plan (at all 3 facilities plus a temporary location)
- Develop RFQ/RFP, Issue to Pre-qualified vendors
- Analyze financial impact: Own/lease premises- based switch alternatives taking into account both one-time and life cycle costs
- Perform Technology comparison
- Develop Recommendation and assist with Procurement/contracts
- Implementation Management