DVI Communications Inc. is a leading Technology and Networking consultancy and systems engineering firm with focus in IT, Telecommunications, Security and Audio-Visual systems. DVI Communications seeks a technical specialist for the deployment of state-of-the-art physical security systems for government, transportation, and financial services entities. Specifically, DVI provides the complete life cycle of deployment services for all elements of the Client Physical Security Infrastructure:
- Site Selection
- Requirements Definition
- Existing Technology Retention Analysis (Move as is, replicate, upgrade or replace)
- Technology Inventory, Asset Compilation and Tracking
- Design, Engineering Acquisition Support (voice, datacomm, video, security and audio-visual systems)
- Multi-disciplinary Coordination for Technology Systems (with Owner, Architect, Engineer, Construction Trades, Contractors, Owners Reps.)
- Systems Implementation Management (Vendor/Project Management)
- Network Services Provisioning (Ordering, Relocating Lines & Services)
- Systems Acceptance Testing
- Cutover Support
- Technology Systems Move Coordination and Migration Planning
- Post Cutover Support
This position provides leadership for physical security scope (process, programs, and systems) for Clients that have engaged DVI to build or upgrade their security systems.
The candidate will be responsible for the planning and implementation of a plethora of state-of-the-art IP-based infrastructure for our Clients that includes Access Control, IP-based CCTV Systems, surveillance, gunshot detection, intrusion alarms, and emergency notification. The position manages planning and day-to-day deployment of the security technology infrastructure, and resolves issues directly or through facilitation and engagement of the Client and third parties as appropriate.
The function leads and manages Clients projects and implements relevant and new technologies (visitor management, emergency notification, etc.). Ensures effective and consistent management of the access control systems and alarm system programs, including coordinating system-level and maintenance programming and arranging for repairs. Supports the deployment of systems for the deterrence, detection, response, and investigation of policy and criminal violations at a Client’s site.
The position supports DVI clients with the installation and operation, programming, testing, and acceptance of the primary physical security technology, including, but not limited to, Credentialing System, Video, Access Control and Alarm Monitoring Systems in conjunction with project planning efforts.
This role will serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) regarding software applications for physical and electronic security, IP-based systems, CCTV, sensors, and IoT.
- BS Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or Security Administration
- 2-5 years of previous experience with Information Security and Risk Management, Emergency Management, Telecommunications and Network Security
- 1-3 years of experience of physical security technology-deployment
- Must have experience with Access Control, Security, and Video software systems, including design, set-up and management. Detailed knowledge of access control, badging systems, card readers, intrusion alarm systems, and locking mechanisms. Proficient in video management systems and devices including: IP cameras and encoder, decoders and video storage. Ability to perform routine system maintenance and troubleshooting, including generating and analyzing reports of system activity. Proficient in reading and interpreting building plans (blueprints). Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose system issues, including experiencing testing intrusion detections; systems, access control, panic alarms and surveillance equipment. Proven project management experience, as well as experience with physical security monitoring systems.
- Highly desired: Experience with Lenel Access Control and Genetec Video Systems. Detailed knowledge of low voltage wiring, including code requirements, installations, running conduit, troubleshooting and working with security system hardware. Experienced and comfortable working with networking concepts: LAN, firewalls, routers, switches and VLANs. Excellent leadership skills. Communications technology. AutoCAD design. Biometric systems. Radio communications systems, voice and digital communications networks. Public address systems, including emergency notification systems, intercoms, call boxes.
- Day-to-day support operations of a fast-paced, complex, distributed physical security infrastructures.
- Experience working closely with technology professionals, electricians, and other stakeholders to resolve complex issues.
- ASIS CPP or PSP desirable. Project Management Professional, Physical Security Professional, Lenel Certification, Genetec Certification, IT Certifications are a plus
- Tri-state travel required (40-50% of time)